Prof. Judah Eisenberg - CV
Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A., December 17, 1938.
Immigrated to Israel:
- A.B. (magna cum laude with distinction in physics), Columbia University, 1958.
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1962.
Primary area of research activity:
Theoretical nuclear physics.
- CERN, Geneva, Switzerland, 1961.
- Assistant Professor of Physics, University of Virginia, 1962–1965.
- Sir Thomas Lyle Research Fellow, University of Melbourne, summer, 1965.
- Associate Professor of Physics, University of Virginia, 1965–1968.
- Professor of Physics, University of Virginia, 1968–1975.
- Visiting Professor of Physics, Tel Aviv University, 1969.
- Chairman, Department of Physics, University of Virginia, 1970–1974.
- Incumbent, Giulio Racah Chair of Theoretical Physics as Visiting Professor, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 1974–1975.
- Incumbent, Francis Henry Smith Chair of Physics, University of Virginia, 1975–1976.
- Professor of Physics, Tel Aviv University, 1975–1998.
- Incumbent, Yuval Ne'eman Chair in Theoretical Nuclear Physics, Tel Aviv University, 1983–1998.
- Dean, Raymond and Beverly Sackler Faculty of Exact Sciences, Tel Aviv University, 1984–1986.
- Fellow, Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung, 1991–1992.
- Vice Rector, Tel Aviv University, 1998.
Societies and honors:
- Phi Beta Kappa
- National Science Foundation Fellow, 1958–1962
- Sigma Xi
- NATO Postdoctoral Fellow, 1965
- Fellow, American Physical Society
- Member, Israel Physical Society
- Honorary degree:
- Dr. rer. nat. (h.c.), University of Frankfurt, 1985.
Other professional activities:
- Consultant, Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1972–1998.
- Member, Program Advisory Committee, Los Alamos Meson Physics Facility, 1972–1975.
- Chairman, Gordon Conference on Photonuclear Physics, 1974.
- Member, Editorial Council, Annals of Physics, 1980–1995.
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Physics G, 1985–1989.
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Modern Physics E, 1986–1998.
- Member, Editorial Board, Modern Physics Letters A, 1986–1998.
- Chairman, Committee of Judges, Landau Prize, 1981–1983.
- Member, Committee of Judges, Weizmann Prize, 1983.
- Chairman, Committee on Research Awards in the Exact Sciences of the Israeli Academy of Arts and Sciences, 1988–1991.
- Chairman, Workshop on Parton Production and Transport, European Centre for Theoretical Nuclear Physics and Related Areas, Trento, Italy, 1994.
Guidance of roughly 20 M. Sc. students and roughly 20 doctoral students at the University of Virginia, Hebrew University (in collaboration with Professor A. Gal), and Tel Aviv University.